While XRP is one of the largest digital assets by market capitalization — it is not the only sleeping giant in the cryptocurrency market. Investors have taken a keen interest in digital assets for their ability to provide diversification and huge returns, but they can benefit from knowing that there are valuable alternatives to Ripple asset.
CRPT is an undervalued cryptocurrency that fuels the whole Crypterium Ecosystem with a strong tokenomics built to reduce the token supply and ensure a constant demand for CRPT tokens in the cryptocurrency market, whereas XRP has frequently been amongst the top-10 most valuable digital currencies, which causes controversy.
XRP is a native digital asset built for payments in the open-source and blockchain-based permissionless XRP Ledger. However, it’s still unclear why and how the XRP token has become a valuable asset aside from speculation inside the market.
Allocation and supply
One of the main differences between XRP and CRPT is the number of tokens. The total number of XRP is 100 billion on its first ledger. This is a completely different figure from CRPT, which is amounted to only 98 million total supply.
The biggest contentious issue of XRP is the 100 billion tokens that were created from day one with the initial distribution of 80 billion to the company, Ripple Labs (then known as “Opencoin Inc.”) and 20 billion for founders.
To this day, Ripple holds roughly 60% of the total XRP supply by easily manipulating the token price, and all transactions on the XRP Ledger are validated by a group of “trusted” nodes centrally controlled by Ripple as an amazing “business case” by founders.
On the contrary, Crypterium made a “fair launch” of CRPT with a continuous burning model to decrease the supply. 70% of the total amount of CRPT went to investors who bought tokens during the ICO in January 2018, and the other 30% were reserved for the project’s needs.
CRPT tokens are monthly burning to reduce the circulation supply with a further increase of the toke value. Ripple certainly needs to analyze and rethink XRP tokenomics in order to save XRP from going to the rock bottom levels.
XRP is designed as a bridge currency for banks to settle international transactions. It’s the only beneficial use case for the XRP token price. Since in this case, banks and other institutions have to actually buy XRP to use it as a bridge currency.
When a customer buys XPR’s from Ripple for a fiat currency, he actually gets a Ripple’s obligation to deliver some fiat currency in exchange for this obligation in the future. This means that XRP is a security and SEC is right suing Ripple for illegal security offering.
Actually, there is no need for a medium currency like XRP. Every single second there is a market exchange rate for example, a USD/JPY currency pair. Just take an amount in USD and directly convert it to JPYs. Why not? Unnecessary currency conversion is an excellent opportunity to hide additional fees.
On the contrary, CRPT is the utility token that can provide a full value to Crypterium users in different ways and give them more benefits and full access to Crypterium services and products, developing each month.
Crypterium’s intelligent proprietary technology automatically spends 0.5% gas of the trade in CRPT for each transaction on the Crypterium network and burns them, reducing the circulating supply.
The CRPT utility is increasing every month. CRPT tokenholders will have full access to subscriptions, cashback, free cards, and reduced tariffs, increasing tokens utility and leading to growth in demand.
XRP vs. CRPT
XRP is a prominent cryptocurrency created to serve as the native token of the XRP Ledger with completely weaker tokenomics than CRPT but remains one of the best digital assets in the cryptocurrency market due to its speculative nature.
XRP lacks the proper “tokenomics” for price appreciation. Value accrual for pure mediums of exchange (i.e. bridge currencies) remains unclear. Banks do not need to hold onto large amounts of XRP to successfully use the protocol, suggesting low demand-side price pressure.
The existed CRPT tokenomics ensures the constant demand for CRPT tokens in the crypto market, as the Crypterium users pay a minimum fee in CRPT equal to 0.5% of the value of the trade for each transaction on the network, which is monthly burned.
CRPT has a huge potential to enter the top-100 list on Coinmarketcap in the nearest future. A merging of crypto and the fiat currency worlds is inevitable, and Crypterium aims to be the leader.